From Manila to Marinduque:
Take a bus going to Lucena-Dalahican-Talao Talao port from
- EDSA/KAMIAS Terminal
- Buendia (near Lrt 1-Gil Puyat station)
Through JAM, JAC Liner and DLTB
Then take a RORO/Ship going to Balanacan Pier through
- Montenegro Shipping lines
- Starhorse Shipping lines
Take a jeepney/van to any town of your destination. They bring passengers up to Poblacion or bayan.
BUS (CUBAO) – 3-6 hours
RORO- Starhorse 2- 2.5 hours, Montenegro 3-3.5 hours
JEEPNEY/VAN from Balanacan- maximum of 2 hours if you’re going to the farthest town like Buenavista and Torrijos
Here’s the regular and promo rate during my travel as of 2016:
- Jac liner from ( Cubao) to Dalahican Php 227
- DLTB from Balanacan to Ortigas Php Php 175.50
- JAM Liner from Balanacan to Ortigas Php 176
- Regular – Php 23
- Student/Senior- Php 18.50
- Star horse Regular Php 260 Promo Php 50
- Montenegro Regular Php 260 Promo Php 130 or Php 50
Additional Info and Tips:
- Shipping lines’ promo fares don’t have exact season, days or time. I have tried travelling during different times of the day and seasons of the year. You just really got to try the best of your luck. One thing I noticed, most of the time the interval of trips from the rival shipping lines are 1.5 hours, so if the other roro has already left then the ticket price from the rival line will be changed to their regular rate. So better be early!
- Scheduled trips are continuous but it’s still better to check their website and social media accounts for more info. The 2 shipping lines have their regular and tentative trips. Tentative trips depend on the number of passengers, which are often cancelled if it’s not a peak season. For example, after 3:30 am, the next regular sched will be at 10 am. In between those, are all tentative.
- Jac Liner has door-to-door services. Pick up point will be at their terminal and will drop you off at your destination in Marinduque (For as long as it’s along the hi-way). Check Jac Liner site for more info.
- Choose to arrive during daytime. Especially if you’re going to the farthest town, you can be stranded or can have a hard time getting a trip from Balanacan pier (unless, it’s a peak season like Christmas or Holy week).
- Get a bus ticket, going to Manila, at Balanacan pier. It’s always discounted. I recommend DLTB bus (strong wi-fi, friendly staff, comfortable seats, faster trip thru skyway).
If you have any question or clarification, feel free to leave a comment. You can also check my travel around Marinduque here.